Summer is the perfect time for you and your family to come visit the Undergraduate Admission Office at Bentley. Throughout the summer, we offer tours, information sessions and interviews, Monday through Thursday. If you’re only able to visit campus on a Friday, we offer self-guided tours and virtual reality tours on this day. The information sessions are held with an admission counselor who will provide you with exceptional knowledge about programs offered at Bentley, campus life, and the admission process. For our tours, student ambassadors will take you all around campus, sharing important facts you and your family should know about Bentley, as well as personal experiences. You’ll have the chance to see our academic buildings, library, classrooms, student center, gym and even a dorm! The tours are a great opportunity for prospective students to have an in-depth conversation with a current student and discover what life at Bentley is truly like. For those of you going out on a tour, don’t be afraid to ask your tour guide questions! Student ambassadors can help you decipher whether Bentley would be a good fit or not, but that’s only possible if you ask questions and share with them what you’re looking for in a college.
It can be difficult for high school students to fully comprehend what college is like and therefore it can be challenging to know what kinds of questions you should ask when you visit colleges. To help those of you who might need an idea of what kinds of questions we often receive on tours and in interviews, here’s a list of questions that can help get you on the right track!
- How much time do students typically spend on homework each week?
- What is the average class size at Bentley?
- What percentage of financial need does Bentley typically meet?
- Are there any opportunities to work on campus?
- What percentage of freshman return for sophomore year?
- What is the job placement rate?
- What are the professors like? Have you had the opportunity to develop a relationship with any of them?
- Where do you go on campus if you need extra help or academic advice?
- Do you find Career Services to be helpful?
- How did you choose your major?
- What do students do on or around campus on the weekends?
- What’s been your favorite experience at Bentley?
My last piece of advice would be to ask for the business card of any student worker or admission counselor you have the opportunity to speak with. It’s not uncommon for students to leave campus and on the car ride home think of a question you wish you had asked during the tour or interview. By having that business card, you can easily find the e-mail address of either your tour guide or a counselor and ask them your question(s). Also, for those of you thinking about applying to Bentley, it never hurts being in contact with the admission counselor assigned to your area who will be reading your application. You can ask one of our student workers at the front desk to inform you of who that counselor might be.
We look forward to meeting you all as you visit Bentley this summer! Enjoy!